2013 WIFTA Short Film Showcase
CALL FOR ENTRIES!
Each year Women In Film & Television Atlanta (WIFTA), often in conjunction with Women In Film & Television International (WIFTI), hosts a short film showcase that highlights the work of talented filmmakers throughout the Southeast and beyond. We accept entries from independent filmmakers from all genres - drama, comedy, action, sci-fi animation, spiritual / gospel and experimental.
This year's Short Film Showcase will be held on April 23, 2013.
- Eligible works must have a woman director, producer, writer, lead actress or cinematographer.
- Films must be shorts with a run time of 20 minutes or less (including opening titles/credits and closing credits.
- Films must have been completed in 2009 or later.
To Submit Your Short Film:
1. Fill out the online application at: WIFTA.org/Events. In addition to standard contact information, be prepared to provide information such as (list not all-inclusive):
(b) Log Line
(c) Short Synopsis
(d) Names & biographies for key personnel (150 words or less)
(e) Dates & names of venues where the film was previously screened (if applicable)
2. Pay the entry fee (upon completing the online application)
3. Mail your submission packet to: Women In Film & Television Atlanta Attn.: WIFTA Short Film Showcase P.O. Box 52726 Atlanta, GA 30355. The submission packet should include:
(a) your short film
- MUST be submitted on a CD as a DVD quality (500MB or more) .mov file
- MUST be labeled with the film name, director's name & run time
- English subtitles are required for non-English films!
(b) a 1-minute pitch video about your short (.mov file)
(c) Headshots of key personnel
(d) Bios (150 words or less) of key personnel as single .doc or .docx file
Entry Fees & Deadlines:
Online application regular deadline: March 21, 2013
Entry Fee: $15 WIFTA Members / $25 Non-members
Online application late deadline: April 4, 2013
Entry Fee: $25 WIFTA Members / $35 Non-Members
**Submissions will not be returned. Payments are non-refundable. All materials must be received no later than April 4, 2013 to be considered.
Winners are expected to attend the film festival. So, please plan accordingly.
If you have questions, you may send your inquiry to: VPCommunications@WIFTA.org